Methi Matar Paratha (Fenugreek leaves and Peas Flatbread)
- Servings: 2-4
- Difficulty: easy
Peas 1 cup
Cilantro Couple of Sprigs
Ginger 1″ Piece
Garlic 1 Pod
Green Chillies 3-4
Fenugreek Leaves 1 cup washed and chopped finely
Oil 3 tbsp
Wheat Flour 2 cups(Approx.)
Salt, Sugar To Taste
- Fenugreek leaves, like any greens, need to be washed and drained thoroughly before use.
- Rest the dough no more than 5 minutes. The greens release water and make the dough sticky.
- Avocados are a great substitute for the peas in this recipe.
- Blend Peas, Cilantro, Ginger, Garlic, Green Chillies into a fine paste. Transfer to a mixing bowl.
- Add chopped Fenugreek Leaves, Sugar, Salt,Oil and knead in the Flour. Use water as required to make a soft dough.
- Roll into parathas and cook both sides on a hot tava. Make parathas immediately.